Forumu Destekleyenlere Katılın ×
Paticik Forumları
2000 lerden beri faal olan, çok şukela bir paylaşım platformuyuz. Hoşgeldiniz.

Oculus Rift

sabonis

Öne çıkan mesajlar

http://i.imgur.com/ORYk4ni.png

Ortalık karışık. Marcus'a Razer cevap atmış hemen "biz yardımcı olalım" diye. millet Razer VR???? moduna girmiş ahah.

Palmer Luckey reddit'e post attı, 1600 downvote var, sticky yapmak zorunda kaldılar.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/21cy9n/the_future_of_vr/
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

oyunlar baştan o ekipmanlar için tasarlanmadığı sürece anca gimmick veya en iyi ihtimal showcase olur. seneye çıkacak horror oyun (soma) oculus rift + razer hydra ile nasıl olur diye merak ediyordum. şimdi baktım, oyunu yapan adamlar bile rift'e özel yapılması lazım o yüzden düşünmüyoruz demişler:

said:
we have to do a different game, we have to design it from bottom up to be a Rift game.

said:
What we thought about doing, and I’m not sure if we’re gonna do it, but I really would be cool to, at least as a starting point, craft very specific Oculus Rift experiences.

özel deneyim olarak da peripheral visionı, vertigoyu falan kullanmaktan bahsetmiş. öbür yanda facebook, minecraft falan. of of...

said:
Zuckerberg called out virtual reality as one of the computing platforms of the future -- following desktops and mobile -- and yes, talked about building Facebook's advertising into it.

GG
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Palmer reddit'de cevap atıyor sürekli.

Palmer Luckey said:
I am sorry that you are disappointed. To be honest, if I were you, I would probably have a similar initial impression! There are a lot of reasons why this is a good thing, many of which are not yet public. A lot of people obviously feel the same way you do, so I definitely want to address your points:
said:
The appeal of Oculus (as compared to Sony, for example) is because it is on a PC platform, and thus allows us, the developers, freedom over what we want to do with it.

None of that will change. Oculus continues to operate independently! We are going to remain as indie/developer/enthusiast friendly as we have always been, if not more so. This deal lets us dedicate a lot of resources to developer relations, technical help, engine optimizations, and our content investment/publishing/sales platform. We are not going to track you, flash ads at you, or do anything invasive.
said:
The Rift is absolutely targeted towards the gaming population, which tends to be teenage to early 20s/30s, which is the exact population that Facebook is currently losing. By partnering with Facebook, you are gaining access to a massive userbase of people that the rift is not targeted towards, which people might feel is a very bad move.

Almost everyone at Oculus is a gamer, and virtual reality will certainly be led by the games industry, largely because it is the only industry that already has the talent and tools required to build awesome interactive 3D environments. In the long run, though, there are going to be a lot of other industries that use VR in huge ways, ways that are not exclusive to gamers; the current focus on gaming is a reflection of the current state of VR, not the long term potential. Education, communication, training, rehabilitation, gaming and film are all going to be major drivers for VR, and they will reach a very wide audience. We are not targeting social media users, we are targeting everyone who has a reason to use VR.
said:
What we fear is not that Oculus will be partnering with Facebook, but that you are selling out the company to Facebook and no longer retain control over Oculus. I can say that I, personally, support Oculus because I believed in the goals and visions that you had.

This acquisition/partnership gives us more control of our destiny, not less! We don't have to compromise on anything, and can afford to make decisions that are right for the future of virtual reality, not our current revenue. Keep in mind that we already have great partners who invested heavily in Oculus and got us to where we are, so we have not had full control of our destiny for some time. Facebook believes in our long term vision, and they want us to continue executing on our own roadmap, not control what we do. I would never have done this deal if it meant changing our direction, and Facebook has a good track record of letting companies work independently post-acquisition.
There is a lot of related good news on the way. I am swamped right now, but I do plan on addressing everyone's concerns. I think everyone will see why this is so incredible when the big picture is clear.

said:
This deal specifically lets us greatly lower the price of the Rift.

Palmer Luckey said:
user said:
Cut the PR.
Most of us will not agree with it.
Most of us will see it as a sell-out.
You had our trust. Now you will have to regain it.
I understand that, and I am confident that I will.

"Palmer Luckey" said:

user said:

Just promise me there will be no specific Facebook tech tie-ins.

I promise.
Why would we want to sell to someone like MS or Apple? So they can tear the company apart and use the pieces to build out their own vision of virtual reality, one that fits whatever current strategy they have? Not a chance.

said:
We have not gotten into all the details yet, but a lot of the news is coming. The key points:
1) We can make custom hardware, not rely on the scraps of the mobile phone industry. That is insanely expensive, think hundreds of millions of dollars. More news soon.
2) We can afford to hire everyone we need, the best people that fit into our culture of excellence in all aspects.
3) We can make huge investments in content. More news soon.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

bu arada beni asıl merak ettiren olay şu ki, güzel-sağlam bir kulaklık artı oculus ile kafada 1 kiloya yakın şey taşıyacağız. Sağlam ve ağır gibi olan kulaklıklar bile tek başına, 1 saat içinde falan boynumu ağrıtıyor benim, üstüne bir de oculus düşünemiyorum.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Refund yapmaları lazım zaten, hani adamın hayır olmayacak dediği şeylerin olacağını görmek için dahi olmaya gerek yok. Obsidianın paketleme ve pazarlama için paradoxla anlaşması gibi bi olay değil bu, crowdfunding mantığını temelden bitirecek bi hamle. Crowdfundladığım bi proje tuttu diye corporate streamlininge kurban gidecekse neden güvenip "paydaş" olayım?

Palmer Luckey said:

said:
The appeal of Oculus (as compared to Sony, for example) is because it is on a PC platform, and thus allows us, the developers, freedom over what we want to do with it.

None of that will change. Oculus continues to operate independently! We are going to remain as indie/developer/enthusiast friendly as we have always been, if not more so. This deal lets us dedicate a lot of resources to developer relations, technical help, engine optimizations, and our content investment/publishing/sales platform. We are not going to track you, flash ads at you, or do anything invasive.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/195/8/f/yaoming_meme_png_by_blinkytv-d578rcx.png
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Bu kotumserligi anlamiyorum ki ben. Facebook'un kaynaklari sayesinde aleti olabilecegi en iyi seviyeye getirebilecekler. Carmack gibi adamlari parayla motive edemeyecegimizi biliyoruz (masters of doom okuyunuz) ve eger FB Oculus VR'in icislerine cok karisirsa bu herifler birer birer kacar gider. Adamin paraya ihtiyaci yok, daha buyuk bir amac icin orda ve FB buna engel olmaya calisirsa herkes kaybeder cok net sekilde.
said:
Oculus continues to operate independently! We are going to remain as indie/developer/enthusiast friendly as we have always been, if not more so. This deal lets us dedicate a lot of resources to developer relations, technical help, engine optimizations, and our content investment/publishing/sales platform. We are not going to track you, flash ads at you, or do anything invasive.

Buna inanmayanlar cikmis. Daha 2-3 ay once benim calistigim sirket yabanci bir sirkete satildi. Sirketteki ortam hic degismedi. "Biz kurumsal olmak istemiyoz yeaa bizim sirket ortaminda degisiklik olcak mi" gibisinden sorularimiza "biz sizi bu dinamik ve yenilikci ortaminiz icin aldik. Hicbir seyi degistirmeyi dusunmuyoruz cunku bizim de isimize gelmez" diye cevap verdiler. Ayrica buyuk tech sirketleri arasinda gene en hacker-minded olani facebook. Olabilecek en iyi sirket yani*. Oculus VR'in icislerine fazla karismak gibi bir hata yapacagini hiiiic sanmiyorum FB'un.

Sonuc olarak ben bu acquisition'in bizim icin kotu olabilecek bir yanini goremiyorum. Oyunlarin icine reklam falan konur denmis ki komik geldi bana. PS, XBox falan kullaniyorsunuz boyle seylerle karsilasiyor musunuz? OR de bunlar gibi bir platform olacak. Gameplay'i bok edecek bir seye izin verirler mi? Oyle bir durumda kimse o platforma oyun cikarmaz, platform kaybeder. O reklam olaylari falan oyunlar icin degil, baska kullanim alanlari icin.

*: Valve daha iyi olabilirmis aslinda dusununce.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Facebook şu ana kadar acquire ettiği büyük girişimlere hiç müdahele etmedi ki buna etsin, bence müthiş pozitif bir olay, adamlar investment beklemeden sınırsız resource'a sahip oldular, vizyonlarını gerçekleştirip daha ucuza satabilecekler. Yeterince yayıldığı zaman da facebook sosyal medya ile VR olayını birleştirmek için yanda aleti kendi çıkarı için kullanacak. Ben çok sevindim şahsen.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

kickstarter'ı ilk versiyon için açtıydı herif onları da gönderdi insanlara zaten. Adam şirkettinden hisse satmadı ya kickstarterla. Böyle gereksiz fazla tepki verilmiş redditte.

Facebook'la harbiden çok daha fazla kaynağa sahip işte. Ha tabii ki suratıma reklam gösterilmesini, her yaptığım şeyin kaydedilmesini istemiyorum da öyle gereksiz bi tepki var gibin
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Kickstarterdan para yatırmamakla çok iyi yapmışım. Facebook tamamen yeni bir sektöre bodoslama girmek niyetinde değilse bir şekilde oculus'a reklam, kişisel bilgi çalma yöntemi vs. ekletecektir. Bir yapımcının "reklam eklemiycez!" demesiyle ortadan kalkacak bir risk değil bu.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• Yeni Oluştur...