Forumu Destekleyenlere Katılın ×
Paticik Forumları
2000 lerden beri faal olan, çok şukela bir paylaşım platformuyuz. Hoşgeldiniz.

Tim Schafer: Kotick is a dick and a total prick.

Laurelin

Öne çıkan mesajlar

http://www.hookedgamers.com/content/blogs/2991/l_4hviGO_large.jpg

kotick tarafindan cani yakilan biri nihayet sessizligini bozdu, hemde bu ismin oyuncularin baya sevdigi ve saygi duydugu Tim Schafer olmasi cok daha anlamli

kotick efendinin "yeni IP ye ihtiyacimiz yok, yeni birsyeyler yapip risk alicagimiza eski oyunalrinin rehash ini yapip daha iyi pazarliyabiliriz" zihniyetiyle Tim Schafer ve Brutal Legend i kapi onune koymustu

ama olay burda bitmedi

schafer kendi cebinden yapim surecine devam etti, EA ile anlasinca Kotick efendi Schaferi mahkemeye verdi

said:
Eurogamer: If you had the opportunity to work with Activision in the future, would you say, 'No chance?'

Tim Schafer: I never actually talked to them, really! I never actually met them, it was all lawyers. They did not... I don't know what to say about those guys. I don't want to get sued again.

It's a small industry. You don't want to burn any bridge because you never know. But once somebody sues you... Maybe that bridge is pretty burned.

You can't waste your time getting mad at a company, because a company doesn't really exist. A company's just an idea. It's like, in the old days I used to be really loyal to companies. I used to be really loyal to Atari growing up because I had an Atari computer, and I was constantly confounded by the different choices they were making.

I was like, 'Oh! Why is my loyalty not being rewarded?' And then I realised, oh, that's because I'm being loyal to a collective corporate structure, which is absolutely meaningless. So, hating Activision, loving Atari, it's all the same thing. There are people over there I hate, don't get me wrong.

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/1/8/5/9/1/7/ss_preview_bob.jpg.jpg

Eurogamer: What do you think about Bobby Kotick? He's a person.

Tim Schafer: He is. Well, allegedly. Ah... I don't know.

Eurogamer: I'll tell you what I think.

Tim Schafer: What do you think?

Eurogamer: I think he's a bit misunderstood because he's trying to make lots of money when people think he has an obligation to make gamers happy.

Tim Schafer: His obligation is to his shareholders. Well, he doesn't have to be as much of a dick about it, does he? I think there is a way he can do it without being a total prick. It seems like it would be possible. It's not something he's interested in.

Eurogamer: Why should he care?

Tim Schafer: Well, he makes a big deal about not liking games, and I just don't think that attitude is good for games in general. I don't think we're an industry of widgets. I don't think we can approach it like we approach bars of soap, where you're just trying to make the cheapest bar of soap.

He definitely has that that kind of widget-maker attitude. I don't think he's great for the industry, overall. You can't just latch onto something when it's popular and then squeeze the life out of it and then move on to the next one. You have to at some point create something, build something.

Eurogamer: Do you remember when he was quoted as saying, 'I want to take all of the fun out of making games?'

Tim Schafer: I've never understood the context of that. What did he mean by that?

Eurogamer: I've heard Blizzard describe it as a joke that didn't come off.

Tim Schafer: Isn't that what politicians say every time they make some sort of racist joke or inappropriate comment? They're like, 'Oh, that was just my lame attempt at humour.' Because everyone's willing to believe they have a bad sense of humour.

I don't understand why he would want to do that.
Hopefully he'll go back to another industry soon.

Eurogamer: He's too successful.

Tim Schafer: He could go to an industry that makes more money. Ball bearings... Something that suits his passions more. Weapons manufacturing?

zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

acitivisondanda hemen cevap geldi

said:
“Tim Schafer’s comment that Bobby Kotick ‘makes a big deal about not liking games’ just isn’t true. Bobby has always been passionate about games, and loves the video game industry,” Activision-Blizzard senior VP of corporate communications Maryanne Lataif indicated to IndustryGamers.

“But as CEO of a company that makes games enjoyed by millions of people worldwide, the demands on his time now make it difficult to play games as often as he’d like to or as much as he once did.”

“As Schafer himself notes,” she added “he has never actually met Bobby Kotick

http://images.lazygamer.co.za/2010/07/STFUSchafer.jpg

yazinin altindaki yorum ise beni benden aldi

said:
Strange that they haven’t denied that he’s a dick though.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

kotik afrikalı savaş beyleriyle yeni 'fırsat sütunları'nı değerlendirirken
http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/craveonline.com/upl_images/lord_of_war_kotick.jpg
kotik işte scrubs'daki hastane başhekimi gibi, herkesi birbirine kenetleyip yakınlaştırıyor negatif odak olarak. (:P)
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

kotick olayın şekli.

oyun piyasası, müzik piyasasının geçtiği bozulma devrinden geciyor su an. düsünsünler daha ne kadar yolarız diye bakalım insanları.

ayrıca kotick ve türevlerini kuru kuruya eleştirmek olmuyor. düzgün, bağımsız oyunları ya da kücük firmaların oyunlarına yönelin. freeware olsa bile beğendiğiniz adamlara 2-3 dolar atıverin paypaldan. madem oldschol oyuncusunuz gösterin bunu.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

blazkowicz said:
ayrıca kotick ve türevlerini kuru kuruya eleştirmek olmuyor. düzgün, bağımsız oyunları ya da kücük firmaların oyunlarına yönelin. freeware olsa bile beğendiğiniz adamlara 2-3 dolar atıverin paypaldan. madem oldschol oyuncusunuz gösterin bunu.

Küçük firmalar biraz başarı gösterilince direk bu kurtlar tarafından satın alınıyor. Daha sonra 2-3 adam alınıp firma dağıtılıyor.
Büyük potansyel gösteren herşey hemen ortadan kaldırılıyor. Zaten fikrimce pek bir rekabet olmamasının sebebi bu. Tabi bir de fikir çalıp önce piyasaya sürme olayı var.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

küçüklerden kapılmayan bir sürü iyi firma da var.. hemen aklıma gelen kudos'u yapan herif. şimdi bağımsız yapımcıları destekleyen gruplar da kuruldu zaten. ne olursa olsun indie'ye para verilmeli ama. indie oyunların kazanması sağlanmalı.. rohrer falan da sağlam adamlar, aklıma gelmişkene söyleyim dedim.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• Yeni Oluştur...