Forumu Destekleyenlere Katılın ×
Paticik Forumları
2000 lerden beri faal olan, çok şukela bir paylaşım platformuyuz. Hoşgeldiniz.

kimdi o ya?

Neveziah

Öne çıkan mesajlar

SERART Released Tuesday May 20th () 05.16.03
Serart is a collaboration between System of a Down's Serj Tankian and avant garde multi-instrumentalist/folk singer, Arto Tuncboyaciyan. An eclectic array of textured tracks, it's a spontaneous musical moment. "What I enjoyed most about the experience was the fact that everything was so present. It was immediate," Serj says. "There was no thinking about it." Serart will include a DVD feat. the film 'Sun Angle Calculator,' a visual representation of the album.

Produced by Serj and Arto, Serart is the first release on Serj's own Serjical Strike Records, a label seeking to offer a home for bold, new original music.

Serart finds these two, seemingly disparate, creative artists joining for a new vision. The two met following Arto's performance at the 2000 Armenian Music Awards. A friendship blossomed when Arto appeared on Toxicity's outro track and later grew into a musical partnership and the desire to expand their respective musical vocabularies, blending cultures and defying genres.

REVIEWS:

'With System of a Down, Serj Tankian plays activist pogo metal; on this collaboration with Armenian multi instrumentalist Arto Tunc Boyaciyan, he's an upstanding citizen of the world,wailing in tongues over beats without borders. It's a proudly xenophilic soundtrack for a world that gets smaller by the day. A-'
- Spin

'Imagine Santana conducted by Frank Zappa and you'll begin to grasp this wildly eclectic and charmingly surreal album'
- Esquire

'Wildly Entertaining'
- CMJ

Serj Explains How SERART Side-Project Came About () 02.22.03
Serj Tankian, who is keeping himself busy with Serjical Strike Records during the band's downtime, recently revealed how side-project with Armenian multi-instrumentalist Arto Tuncboyaciyan called SERART came about.

"I saw him perform at the Armenian Music Awards in Los Angeles a couple of years ago," Tankian said of the pairing. "I spotted him as an artist and not just a musician, which is rare. And he was playing a little Coke bottle filled with water and a tambourine and he was making it sound like a full band. The rhythm he was with the tambourine was like a drum-and-bass-y type of thing, jungle-y type of thing."

Tankian added, "You didn't know where his voice started and the bottle sound ended. It was just perfect mixing of... You're like, 'What is this guy doing?!' I just stood up and I looked at him and I'm like, 'Whoa, that's so creative." And I actually showed the videotape to the guys from System — because I really wanted him, that's how we got to know each other better — and then we planned to do something together."

SERART's self-titled debut is slated for release on April 22 via Tankian's Serjical Strike Records.

SERART Track Listing Unveiled () 02.17.03
SERART, a freewheeling jazz/world music/spoken-word collaboration between System Of A Down frontman Serj Tankian and Armenian multi-instrumentalist Arto Tuncboyaciyan, will issue their self-titled debut via Tankian's Serjical Strike Records on April 22.

The complete track listing for "Serart" is as follows: 01. Intro 02. Cinema 03. Devil's Wedding 04. Walking X-periment 05. Black Melon 06. Metal Shock 07. Save The Blonde 08. Love Is The Peace 09. Leave Melody Counting Fear 10. Gee-Tar 11. Claustrophobia 12. Narina (feat. Jenna Ross) 13. Zumba 14. Facing The Plastic 15. If I Can Catch 404 16. I Don't Want To Go Back Empty Handed

In related news, System Of A Down bassist Shavo Odadjian will direct the video for "Mine", the next single from Taproot's latest Velvet Hammer/Atlantic album, "Welcome". The clip will be filmed next week in Los Angeles and is intended to serve as a "prequel" to a prior video for the Taproot track "Poem".

"In 'Poem' the main guy sees this girl, and he's writing a poem, and the words are written all over the walls as playing," Odadjian explained to MTV.com. "This one takes place between four walls, but the walls are endless and there are doors between the rooms. They're playing in each one of the rooms. The concept takes place mostly in this guy's mind, where he walks in on himself. It sort of has the Rod Serling kind of vibe."

"When I hear a song, I close my eyes and see a lot of stuff happen, and I love making those visuals come to life," Odadjian added. "It's always been a passion. When I was a kid, I used to make skateboarding videos, and I would pretend to be in a band and make rock videos that I'd edit with two VCRs. So, I guess I've had it in me for a long time."

Ayrıca http://www.serart.net

Türkiyede bulan olursa lütfen haber versin[hline]Günümüzün dünyasında
Hepsi aynı hepsi ala
İsa Musa Muhammed Buda
Neyin varsa bilmiş senin!
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• Yeni Oluştur...