Forumu Destekleyenlere Katılın ×
Paticik Forumları
2000 lerden beri faal olan, çok şukela bir paylaşım platformuyuz. Hoşgeldiniz.

Mad World

Xenus

Öne çıkan mesajlar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmsWhGIjx8

said:

Mad World stays true to the classic MMORPGs but with unique art and grotesqueness. Fight along side your friends to take down formidable enemies, or fight against your friends to test your skills in a world full of fear, despair, and madness. This is Mad World.

STORIES

No genetic NPCs with obvious storylines. Every NPC has an emotional, heart-moving, sometimes shocking stories blended into quests / setting / music and art, that are not just fantasy but stories that can happen in the world we are living in.

ART

Mad World has an isometric hand-drawn style that leaves a long-lasting impression on you, whose inspirations don't just come from games, but from non-game elements like contemporary art, books, real-life people and more.

MONSTERS

Inspired by Cthulhu Mythos among many others, monsters are unique, twisted, weird and cool, and bosses are epic, grotesque and mad.

ACTION

Based on a Moving Shot mechanic, Mad World’s combat is fun to perform and the tempo is addictive. Focusing more on 1 vs. many than on 1 vs. 1, there are no classes, and skills are based upon the weapons you equip.

PLAY TOGETHER

Focusing more on Multi-player than Solo play, the more players there are, the more fun it gets, with much community content available. PVE and PVP are an important part of the game.

Mad World is coming 2019.

https://www.madworldmmo.com/
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• 3 ay sonra ...
  • 3 hafta sonra ...
  • 1 ay sonra ...
Alıntı

I got into the Alpha 01 test for the upcoming browser MMO, Mad World, being developed by JandiSoft. Despite the NDA being lifted about a month ago, I didn't see a lot of YouTube videos documenting the gameplay (at least in English), so I decided to upload some roughly unedited footage of my time during the test. The videos cover some of the early/interesting story quests, as well as the major dungeons, bosses, PvP, and the stress test at the end of the alpha.

I had some login troubles during the first 3-4 days of the test, so I wasn't able to get as far as I wanted to during the test, but I still got to know some of the more intricate mechanics that were currently in the alpha.

Classes & Customization

As far as "classes" go, you mainly just pick a weapon, and level skills from 1 of 3 current "class" trees (Melee, Ranged, and Magic). Didn't get around to really deep dive into the other trees besides Melee, but I can see that the character customization is there. In the melee section, there seemed to be weapon specific skills that could only be activated when you had that weapon equipped (like a shield). There was a passive skill tree menu, similar to one in something like Path of Exile, where you moved along the nodes, gaining small amounts of stats until you hit a big node with a particular effect you wanted. I wasn't able to deep dive into leveling up "stats", but from what I could tell, they were split into 4 main ones: Physical Mastery, Physical Power | Magical Mastery, Magical Power. It was a bit confusing to see what stat did what, but in general, I think "Mastery" affected your damage, and "Power" affected your defense. Physical/Magical was just a distinction between two types of damage. There are other stats like crit, attack speed, and movespeed, but I didn't have a reliable way to increase/experiment with them outside of temporary buffs and random loot traits.

General Gameplay

Gameplay wise, the visual effects and audio feedback you get from skills feels very satisfying and tight. Clicking around to hit things wasn't too bad, but I can see that there might be a lot of problems accidentally clicking on allies and starting up a trade or something. Mounted pets don't make it easier to see people/target them either. You can also easily misclick parts of the UI, which can prevent movement in critical situations. Hopefully they flesh out some more ideas to make it more convenient down the line. Dungeons were pretty run-of-the-mill. Kill some stuff, get some quest items, and move on to some bosses. The mechanics of the boss fights that I saw, so far, were pretty typical - might be able to get to some more challenging/unique bosses down the line.

Player vs Player

Open World PvP was a flag system, with you activating the flag to be able to kill other players, and allowing others to attack you. Potions were a big deal in the alpha - they were on an extremely short cooldown and could take you from 1% to 100% in one click. Definitely needs some adjustment, imo. As far as punishing PKing, I'm not *entirely* sure how the "Madness" system worked in the alpha, to be honest. Every time I killed someone, I increased my madness score, but didn't really feel the effects of getting "madness" other than red glowing eyes. Don't recall getting loot from other players either, and Guards only attacked me if I attacked someone while I was in their line of sight. I think there definitely needs to be some rework done to this system, but I'm not sure what.

Story

There were numerous typos throughout the game, ranging from UI errors, to dialogue, and system messages. Didn't really have a problem with that - it was actually kind of charming. That being said, however, I don't really have a firm grasp on the story so far, so I can't really comment much on it. I will say that the gritty atmosphere of the game makes it stand out in a really interesting way. There's some really crude language and actions in the game, ranging from deporting elderly people, rape, murder, cannibalism, mutations, etc. Lot of potential for some riveting storytelling, so I hope the translations get up to speed!

Art & Sound

The soundtrack was pretty interesting, and I enjoyed some of the tracks. Level adjustment, or balancing, needs to be a thing though - some regions had music that blasted my eardrums, while others were practically silent. Art wise, I think the game looks quite stunning and grotesque (in a good way!). There's a very unique style going on when it comes to the art, with a lot of bold outlines, making characters and monsters pop out from the background.

All in all, I had a pretty good time in the alpha and I look forward to the next one! I'm curious as to what you guys think about the game so far, and if you have any questions about the game, lmk! I'll see if I can answer them from what I got to experience in the alpha.

generic story, grindy, combat meh. artstyle ve setting dışında iyi bişi yok gibi.

Xenus tarafından düzenlendi
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• 9 ay sonra ...
  • 5 ay sonra ...
  • 1 ay sonra ...
  • Yeni Oluştur...