Forumu Destekleyenlere Katılın ×
Paticik Forumları
2000 lerden beri faal olan, çok şukela bir paylaşım platformuyuz. Hoşgeldiniz.

İz Bırakan Kitap Cümleleri

AthleT

Öne çıkan mesajlar

"Suffering is a misunderstanding."

“Suffering is a misunderstanding,” Shevek said, leaning forward, his eyes wide and light. He was still lanky, with big hands, protruding ears, and angular joints, but in the perfect health and strength of early manhood he was very beautiful. His dun-colored hair, like the others’, was fine and straight, worn at its full length and kept off the forehead with a band. Only one of them wore her hair differently, a girl with high cheekbones and a flat nose; she had cut her dark hair to a shiny cap all around. She was watching Shevek with a steady, serious gaze. Her lips were greasy from eating fried cake, and there was a crumb on her chin.

“It exists,” Shevek said, spreading out his hands. “It’s real. I can call it a misunderstanding, but I can’t pretend that it doesn’t exist, or will ever cease to exist. Suffering is the condition on which we live. And when it comes, you know it. You know it as the truth. Of course it’s right to cure diseases, to prevent hunger and injustice, as the social organism does. But no society can change the nature of existence. We can’t prevent suffering. This pain and that pain, yes, but not Pain. A society can only relieve social suffering, unnecessary suffering. The rest remains The root, the reality. All of us here are going to know grief; if we live fifty years, we’ll have known pain for fifty years. And in the end we’ll die. That’s the condition we’re born on. I’m afraid of life! There are times I - I am very frightened. Any happiness seems trivial. And yet, I wonder if it isn’t all a misunderstanding - this grasping after happiness, this fear of pain …. If instead of fearing it and running from it, one could … get through it, go beyond it. There is something beyond it. It’s the self that suffers, and there’s a place where the self - ceases. I don’t know how to say it. But I believe that the reality - the truth that I recognize in suffering as I don’t in comfort and happiness - that the reality of pain is not pain. If you can get through it. If you can endure it all the way.”

“The reality of our life is in love, in solidarity,” said a tall, soft-eyed girl. “Love is the true condition of human life.”

Bedap shook his head. “No, Shev’s right,” he said. “Love’s just one of the ways through, and it can go wrong, and miss. Pain never misses. But therefore we don’t have much choice about enduring it! We will, whether we want to or not.”

The girl with short hair shook her head vehemently. “But we won’t! One in a hundred, one in a thousand, goes all the way, all the way through. The rest of us keep pretending we’re happy, or else just go numb. We suffer, but not enough. And so we suffer for nothing.”

“What are we supposed to do,” said Tirin, “go hit our heads with hammers for an hour every day to make sure we suffer enough?”

“You’re making a cult of pain,” another said. “An Odonian’s goal is positive, not negative. Suffering is dysfunctional, except as a bodily warning against danger. Psychologically and socially it’s merely destructive.”

“What motivated Odo but an exceptional sensitivity to suffering - her own and others’?” Bedap retorted.

“But the whole principle of mutual aid is designed to prevent suffering!”

Shevek was sitting on the table, his long legs dangling, his face intense and quiet. “Have you ever seen anyone die?” he asked the others. Most of them had, in a domicile or on volunteer hospital duty. All but one had helped at one time or another to bury the dead.

“There was a man when I was in camp in Southeast. It was the first time I saw anything like this. There was some defect in the aircar engine, it crashed lifting off and caught fire. They got him out burned all over. He lived about two hours. He couldn’t have been saved; there was no reason for him to live that long, no justification for those two hours. We were waiting for them to fly in anesthetics from the coast. I stayed with him, along with a couple of girls. We’d been there loading the plane. There wasn’t a doctor. You couldn’t do anything for him, except just stay there, be with him. He was in shock but mostly conscious. He was in terrible pain, mostly from his hands. I don’t think he knew the rest of his body was all charred, he felt it mostly in his hands. You couldn’t touch him to comfort him, the skin and flesh would come away at your touch, and he’d scream. You couldn’t do anything for him. There was no aid to give. Maybe he knew we were there, I don’t know. It didn’t do him any good. You couldn’t do anything for him. Then I saw … you see … I saw that you couldn’t do anything for anybody. We can’t save each other. Or ourselves.”

“What have you left, then? Isolation and despair! You’re denying brotherhood, Shevek!” the tall girl cried.

“No - no, I’m not. I’m trying to say what I think brotherhood really is. It begins - it begins in shared pain.”

“Then where does it end?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know yet.”

Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

“süpermarketlerde satılan ürünler gibi değişik marka ve renklerden oluşsa da özünde aynı, ucuza mal olmuş, el sürmeden, ince eleyip sık dokumadan üretilmiş insanlardan bıkmıştım. dünyadan akıllıca yararlanma isteğiyle dolu, açık vermekten, kendini kaptırmaktan, ruhunu çıplak bir halde sergilemekten, zayıflıktan ve bağımlılıktan ölesiye korkan bir sürüden var gücümle nefret ediyordum. elbette, nefret dünyanın en kolay ve zevkli işidir, kayıp bir insanı uzun süre oyalayabilir, güçlendirir, sağ kalmasını sağlar”

Mucizevi Mandarin
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

‎''Belirli bir kıyıya doğru taşımayan anıların gelgitiyle salınmaktan başka yapabileceğim hiçbir şey yoktu. Yatakta uzanıyordum. İçerisinde yer almadığım bir günün öğleden sonrasıydı. Böyle günler vardır ; siz orada değilsinizdir ama onlar gene de vardır, gündür. ...gözümüzü açmadan önce giderler.''

Tokyo- Montana Ekspres
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• 3 ay sonra ...
Mum_Chamber said:

t: ne oldu? sarardın büyücü? haydi, önümde diz çök ve af dile, belki bu işkencelerinin daha kısa sürmesini sağlar.
r: kraliçem...
t: hala dizlerinin üzerinde değil misin sen?
r: hamle sırası sizin.

raistlin majere, dragonlance kitaplarindan birinde

Duygulandım of.
Okumak lazım bir ara tekrardan.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Mum_Chamber said:

t: ne oldu? sarardın büyücü? haydi, önümde diz çök ve af dile, belki bu işkencelerinin daha kısa sürmesini sağlar.
r: kraliçem...
t: hala dizlerinin üzerinde değil misin sen?
r: hamle sırası sizin.

raistlin majere, dragonlance kitaplarindan birinde

http://i.imgur.com/x3SMY.png
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Vingthor said:

dünyada bana hiçbir şey,tabiattan melül bir insanın zorla gülmeye çalışması kadar acı gelmemiştir.

kürk mantolu madonna

ya bu cümle, ya da başka bi cümleydi ama buna benziyodu, kitabın 3. sayfasında yazıyodu, okuyunca bıraktım kitabı çok iyiymiş gerisini okumama gerek yok diyerek
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

Çavdar Tarlasında Çocuklar - J. D. Sallinger

'...hep, büyük bir çavdar tarlasında oyun oynayan çocuklar getiriyorum gözümün önüne.Binlerce çocuk, başka kimse yok ortalıkta - yetişkin hiç kimse, yani - benden başka. Ve çılgın bir uçurumun kenarında durmuşum. Ne yapıyorum, uçuruma yaklaşan herkesi yakalıyorum; nereye gittiklerine hiç bakmadan koşarlarken, ben bir yerlerden çıkıyor, onları yakalıyorum. Bütün gün yalnızca bu işi yapıyorum. Ben, çavdar tarlasında çocukları yakalayan biri olmak isterdim. Çılgın bir şey bu, biliyorum, ama ben yalnızca böyle biri olmak isterdim. Biliyorum bu çılgın bir şey.'
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

“Has it ever occured to you, Master Ninefingers, that a sword is different from other weapons? Axes and maces and so forth are lethal enough, but they hang on the belt like dumb brutes. But a sword...a sword has a voice.

Sheathed it has little to say, to be sure, but you need only put your hand on the hilt and it begins to whisper in your enemy's ear. A gentle word. A word of caution. Do you hear it?

Now, compare it to the sword half drawn. It speaks louder, does it not? It hisses a dire threat. It makes a deadly promise. Do you hear it?

Now compare it to the sword full drawn. It shouts now, does it not? It screams defiance! It bellows a challenge! Do you hear it?”
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

idilik said:

Çavdar Tarlasında Çocuklar - J. D. Sallinger

'...hep, büyük bir çavdar tarlasında oyun oynayan çocuklar getiriyorum gözümün önüne.Binlerce çocuk, başka kimse yok ortalıkta - yetişkin hiç kimse, yani - benden başka. Ve çılgın bir uçurumun kenarında durmuşum. Ne yapıyorum, uçuruma yaklaşan herkesi yakalıyorum; nereye gittiklerine hiç bakmadan koşarlarken, ben bir yerlerden çıkıyor, onları yakalıyorum. Bütün gün yalnızca bu işi yapıyorum. Ben, çavdar tarlasında çocukları yakalayan biri olmak isterdim. Çılgın bir şey bu, biliyorum, ama ben yalnızca böyle biri olmak isterdim. Biliyorum bu çılgın bir şey.'

hehe

"phony", "that killed me", "give her a buzz"
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

"After you have practiced for a while, you will realize that it is not possible to make rapid, extraordinary progress. Even though you try very hard, the progress you make is always little by little. It is not like going out in a shower in which you know when you get wet. In a fog, you do not know you are getting wet, but as you keep walking you get wet little by little. If your mind has ideas of progress, you may say, "Oh, this pace is terrible!" But actually it is not. When you get wet in a fog it is very difficult to dry yourself. So there is no need to worry about progress."
Shunryu Suzuki

her extraordinary progress yapmam istenildiğinde aklıma geliyor.
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• 1 ay sonra ...
..Tanrı ben ona aşık olayım diye yaratmıştı,evrenin tek anlamı ben onu seveyim diyeydi,ben ona aşık olayım diye evren yaratılmıştı sanki.Onu sevmem için tarih boyunca insanlık savaşmış ve uygarlıklar kurulmuştu.Tanrı Adem ve Havvayı sadece ben onu seveyim diye cennetinden kovup dünyaya salmıştı sanki.
Her şey,ama her şey,ben onu seveyim diyeydi..
Sosyal ağlarda paylaş

• 1 ay sonra ...
  • 1 ay sonra ...
  • 4 hafta sonra ...
  • Yeni Oluştur...